Group Financial Controller
$160,000.00 - $180,000.00 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
30 July 2019
Our client's products are renowned for delivering innovative design and quality within the specialised sporting and active wear lifestyle sector across global markets. An Australian success story, this enterprise is privately funded by a global leader and is poised for its next phase of growth through a multi-channel marketing strategy. With a clear focus on product, marketing and optimising distribution channels, the group is poised to capitalise on market growth opportunities. As part of this growth, the enterprise is in the process of relocating into a progressive new office fit out within the retail hub of inner Melbourne.
In support of the growth agenda, the need exists for an ambitious and talented Financial Controller to join the Finance leadership team at their Melbourne headquarters.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead the finance team, focussing on financial and management reporting, cash flow management and tax and risk management. Within this dynamic workplace consisting of global operating businesses, you will have broad and dynamic scope. Your broad remit will include (but not be limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the finance function whilst mentoring and developing the finance team members
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and prepare and present a monthly finance report to the Board providing updates on any material issues
- Develop performance metrics that support the company's strategic direction, and develop, implement and deliver financial and operational best practices
- Monitor the progress of the group's strategic goals to ensure financial targets are being met
- Manage and schedule the reporting of all business units including management and Board reports
- Attend and assist presentations to the Board Audit and Risk Committee
- Oversee the treasury function of the business including cash flow and working capital management, analysis, forecasting and reporting
- Provide commercial analysis and strategic decision support to the CFO and CEO including potential liquidity event opportunities
- Monitor the covenant requirement and fulfill the reporting obligation to financiers of the business
- Support the annual budget process
- Support the CFO in developing, creating and executing internal control plans to ensure adequate financial controls are in place across the global business
- Oversee and maintain a control risk and compliance framework with best practice in risk management and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and maintains record keeping to a level to meet the expectations of auditors and government agencies; and report risk issues to the board of directors in a timely manner
- Manage the tax planning and tax reporting requirements
- Maintaining relationships with key commercial partners including law and advisory firms and 3rd party distribution partners
CA/CPA qualified, you will be a highly capable and balanced finance leader, combining the technical proficiency around consolidation of entities within an international reporting structure, foreign currency and tax with an ability to understand commercial contracts and provide commercial insights.
You will have developed experience within dynamic working cultures such as large SME / private equity and have had earlier career experience within a Big 4 Chartered environment. You will have operated within a multi-national company, ideally within a product related sector within Retail, FMCG or Manufacturing.
You will be aspirational in your career and an ambitious finance leader seeking career development in a high-performance culture.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Lindsay Steinour at our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3643.
Please note only candidates with full working rights in Australia will be considered.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631