$45.00 - $45.00 / hour
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
1 August 2019
We are excited to partner up with one of the fastest growing global retail businesses to hire an experienced Financial Accountant to join their vibrant office in a Melbourne inner suburb. This company was founded almost 40 years ago right here in Melbourne and expanded their operations to US and has been growing rapidly on a global scale.
Company provides products and services from celebrities to you and I and you most likely have seen or heard their advertisements over TV and radio. They have over 100 outlets in AU & NZ while there are over 700 outlets, winning hearts over the world. Offices are in a highly accessible inner city suburb surrounded by parks and walking spaces. If you are active and outgoing, you will fall in love with this company and location!
Reporting to the group controller, their new Financial Accountant would assist with,
- Responsible for Inventory accounting and management of COGS balances in liaison with supply chain and 3PL.
- Preparation and management of monthly accruals to ensure costs are treated correctly.
- Balance sheet reconciliations with liaison with the Assistant Accountant.
- Ensure GST returns are calculated correctly and reconciled to be paid in time for New Zealand arm of the business.
- Conducting straight lining treatment for all rent and outgoings for the network of stores.
- Preparation of the intercompany recharges between the Oceania entities on a monthly basis.
- Internal & external stake holder management.
- Assist with the annual audit, FBT return, tax return and other statutory requirements
This role became available due to a maternity leave and will be a contract role till end of April 2020.
You will be a CPA/CA Qualified Financial Accountant with few years of solid experience with exposure to inventory accounting. Retail back ground will be highly regarded but other backgrounds will be considered for this role as well. You will be able to provide initiative and intuitive thinking surrounding business process improvement and efficiency to decrease process time and increase reliability of data.
This position will suit an immediately available candidate who wants the opportunity to add value in the short term and attain professional development in the long run. Immediately available or close to candidates will be most relevant for this opportunity.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Nuwan Kas in our Melbourne office on 9691 3666.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631