Financial Accountant I Not For Profit
$45.00 - $45.00 / hour
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
18 August 2019
Robert Half Management Resources team proudly representing a prominent not for profit organisation in the city's inner suburbs. This organisation has been providing life changing services for communities and families through mentoring, providing family and child support as well as breaking the cycle of family violence. They have been leaders in addressing many other issues affecting Victorians in their mental and physical health fighting young homelessness, child abuse and issues in the LGBTQI community.
Located walking distance from a main train station in a sought-out Melbourne inner suburb and surrounded by amazing top rated bars, cafes and restaurant, their office location provides employees access to near by parks as well as the option to attend great events in Melbourne. This would be opportunity to enjoy both corporate world as well as enjoy life away from work yet feel full filled that you are a part of a move that changes peoples' lives for the better.
Current Financial Controller is looking for an experienced Financial accountant who can hit the ground and run to bring financial accounting expertise to navigate through month end and other duties on this hands-on role.
Reporting to Financial Controller, this broad role will undertake but not limited to,
- Monthly financial & management reporting along with month end procedures to ensure results are communicated on time
- Maintain fixed asset register and run the depreciation schedule on a timely and accurate manner
- Revenue recognition through various income sources as donations and government grants of different categories
- Assist with organization budgets and forecasts
- Conduct various general ledger reconciliations to ensure all allocations are done correctly as well as accounting treatment is accurate
- Continuous process improvements to achieve higher efficiencies of finance business processes throughout the organization
- Liaise with different stakeholders as well as other regional Accountants to ensure processes as well as deadlines are intact
This is a 3 months contract with opportunity to permanency, please note that you need to be immediately available for this role.
This would be an opportunity for a CPA/CA fully qualified star to shine who can bring in their experience in process improvements, autonomous self-starting attitude but who can work with different teams. Experience in Great Plains would be highly regarded but other accounting systems are more than welcome to apply. Best qualification you can bring would be your personality!
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Nuwan Kas in our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3666.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631