Data Analyst | Energy Retailer | $90-110k+Super
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
5 June 2019
IT and technology
This start-up energy business uses technology and a lean business model to offer a growing portfolio of services, at a fantastic price point, to a huge number of customers. With a great start-up mentality this is a collaborative and fun place to work - the organization is looking to grow substantially over the next few years and is a fast-paced, outcome focused business. Established just over 5 years ago the company has bedded down a number or processes and technologies, but is focused on continuous improvement and still has lots of room for growth and innovation.
The data analyst role is critical to providing data and business insights across the organisation. As a business that places huge value on its ability to interpret and use its own data, the senior managers have identified this as a vital role. The This position has lots of room for growth and is rich with future opportunities. You will be working for a smart, driven and experienced manager who invests heavily in developing people. Initially the role will focus on data analysis services for credit, debt and finance functions, but future requirements will involve working closely with sales, marketing and operations to help them use and interpret their data more effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and updating operational databases - strong SQL focus.
- Writing complex queries in SQL and writing scripts to draw out useful business insights.
- Implementing and using business intelligence tools to build dashboards and present information.
- Data analytics for a varied range of stakeholders touching on most areas of the business.
You will be a data analyst with an intermediate level of technical skill and enjoy wrangling with data to create useful business insights and to provide solutions to business problems. You will have excellent communication skills and an affinity with data modelling, analysis, and reporting. You will have experience working with excel and SQL databases and be a great problem solver. You should enjoy enabling successful commercial outcomes and supporting management to make informed decisions.
You will also enjoy servicing the needs of a range of stakeholders in a multifaceted and rapidly developing organization. You should be an excellent problem solver with exceptional analytical skills who can work autonomously and as part of a close-knit team. Ideally you will have experience working in the energy market.
Your experience and skills should include most, if not all:
- A broad understanding of the energy markets (NEM, SWGM, STTM).
- Data modelling excel and SQL skills, experience analysisng and interpreting data.
- A role as a dat analyst, wholesale analyst, pricing analyst, credit analyst or similar.
You must be:
- Excited by the idea of working in a growing business.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys speaking to people
- Someone who wants to contribute ideas to a fun and innovative organisation.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then click on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631