Customer Safeguarding Manager || Market Leading NFP
$120000 - 140000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
5 June 2019
IT and technology
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation undergrowing massive growth and transformation. This organisation has remained innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience. Employing c.2000 people and investing heavily in transforming its structure, people, process and systems this is an exciting place to work; this is also a company which lives and breathes its values and consistently delivers the highest quality of care.
The Customer Safeguarding Manager will champion the safety and wellbeing of the organization's customers. As part of a leadership group focused on quality, customer safeguarding, and advocacy services, this person will ensure that all aspects of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding framework are adhered to and that there are well established, effective processes in place for ensuring customer safeguarding. The role also has ownership over the review process for serious incidents and complaints, ensures that ethical standards are understood and upheld, and looks to how the business can constantly improve outcomes for customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish customer safeguarding best practices and deliver on the existing NDIS Safeguarding framework.
- Take responsibility for incident and complaint investigations and improve processes to their most effective design.
- Identify contributing factors and root causes of 'customer harm' in order to safeguard against such incidents.
- Ensure the business is proactively managing risk associated with customer safeguarding
- Establish and implement a customer advocacy framework including strategies to support self-advocacy
- Review existing processes, policies and procedures with a view to designing and implementing improvements.
This is a very important appointment for the organization and the success of the person in this role is pivotal to the business continuing to be the best in its field. You should have experience in a customer safeguarding role, and in assessing safeguarding risks and then designing and implementing solutions. You should have experience implementing developmental, preventative and corrective measures to ensure customer safeguarding and wellbeing. You should also have competencies in process improvement, complex incident management and complaints and person-centred frameworks.
Your experience and knowledge should include most, if not all:
- Assessment, design and implementation of customer safeguarding best practices.
- Comfort operating in a degree of ambiguity and a high level of resilience in the face of complex challenges.
- Management of complex incidents/complaints and design of organisation wide processes for serious incidents and complaints.
- Experience implementing developmental, preventative and corrective measures to ensure customer safety and wellbeing.
- Impressive soft skills - the ability to communicate very effectively at all levels, to negotiate in the best interests of the organization, and to inspire and energize teams.
It is likely that you will have a background in either: disability care, mental health, age care, health, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, indigenous affairs or a correlating sector.
For a confidential discussion please call 03 9691 3661 quoting the job title and reference number, you may also click on the apply now button to submit your resume. 06810-0010909828BP
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631