Customer Safeguarding Manager |NFP Sector |
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
2 April 2019
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation and is a leader in its field. This organisation has remained innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience. Employing c.2000 people and investing heavily in transforming its structure, people, process and systems this is an exciting place to work; this is also a company which lives and breathes its values and consistently delivers the highest quality of care.
Playing a key role in the Quality & Innovation team the Customer Safeguarding Manager will champion the safety and wellbeing of the business's customers. This person will ensure that all aspects of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding framework are adhered to and that there are well established, effective processes in place for ensuring customer safety. The role also has ownership over the review process for serious incidents, ensures that ethical standards are understood and upheld, and looks to how the business can constantly improve outcomes for customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review existing processes, policies and procedures with a view to designing and implementing improvements.
- Establish customer safeguarding best practices and deliver on the existing NDIS Safeguarding framework.
- Take responsibility for incident investigations and the improve processes to their most effective design.
- Identify contributing factors and root causes of 'customer harm' in order to safeguard against such incidents.
- Ensure the business is ready for any external audits or reviews, establish best practices & minimize risk.
This is a very important appointment for the organization and the success of the person in this role is pivotal to the business continuing to be the best in its field. You should have experience in a customer safeguarding role, and in assessing safeguarding risks and then designing and implementing solutions. You should have experience implementing both preventative and corrective measures to ensure customer safeguarding and wellbeing. You should also have competencies in process improvement, complex incident management and person-centred frameworks.
Your experience and knowledge should include most, if not all:
- Assessment, design and implementation of customer safeguarding best practices.
- Comfort operating in a degree of ambiguity and a high level of resilience in the face of complex challenges.
- Management of complex incidents/cases and design of organisation wide processes for serious incidents.
- Experience implementing preventative and corrective measures to ensure customer safety and wellbeing.
- Impressive soft skills - the ability to communicate very effectively at all levels, to negotiate in the best interests of the organization, and to inspire and energize teams.
It is likely that you will have a background in either: disability care, mental health, age care, health, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, indigenous affairs or a correlating sector.
For a confidential discussion please call 03 9691 3661 quoting the job title and reference number, you may also click on the apply now button to submit your resume. 06810-0010909828BP
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631