$180000 - 240000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
29 March 2019
IT and technology
An established technology business based ten minutes from Melbourne's CBD are currently seeking a CTO to help drive technical vision, empower development and infrastructure teams as well as set strategies for growth.
The organisation is close to entering their 20th year, but they are continuing to grow and have recently signed up new major clients, already building on a loyal customer base.
The technology business has a SAAS model and their major clients are in the Banking, Retail, and Mining space. With the use of Data Analysis, this technology business add value to their clients; reducing expenditure and improving financial transparency.
They are looking for a pragmatic people leader with a strong technical background to help manage a technology team consisting of both Software developers and Infrastructure professionals.
You will report into the CEO and work to assist with the establishment of a technology vision, encouraging creativity of the technical teams and ensuring technology uplift across the business.
Externally you will be a spokesperson for the company's technical vision, participating in, attending and perhaps leading technology meet-ups across Melbourne.
You'll be demonstrating value to your clients, helping find new ways of innovating and creating solutions to help.
Most importantly, you will inherit and build a team that you can be proud of.
- Responsible for the management of technology teams within Software Development and Infrastructure
- Overseeing development across multiple projects from concept to launch, including all aspects of planning, design, quality, and execution.
- Be a creative spokesperson for the business and help build and encourage an encompassing technical vision
- Quickly develop trusted advisor partnerships with the leadership team, your clients and the individuals your managing
- Evaluate and improve the technology stack; assessing the advantages that can be derived whilst making commercially astute decisions
- Manage day-to-day decision making on critical program issues as they pertain to scope, schedule, budget, methodology and resources and escalate as necessary
- Drive teams and individuals in planning and executing roadmaps, releases, and work backlogs.
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be an experienced or aspiring CTO with a strong commercial, and technical skillset.
You will be someone who wants to help empower individuals within an organisation, and you will be a pragmatic and focused technology leader able to convey and commercialise new ideas and concepts.
You will have:
- Strong team leadership experience & the ability to create a strong culture;
- The ability to hire, manage and grow teams;
- A mindset that balances delivery and results alongside innovation and growth
- A background within Software development (ideally the Java technology stack but others acceptable too)
- A passion for Big Data and technical innovation
- High sense of ownership and a focus on building fast without sacrificing quality
- The ability to work with business leaders / owners to help achieve business outcomes using technology; and
- Excellent stakeholder engagement qualities.
If you are interested in this opportunity or you know someone who might be, please do not hesitate to apply or get in contact ASAP.
For more information please apply today using the link provided or email [email protected] directly.
We're looking to speak to and meet prospective applicants as soon as possible.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631