Chief Operations Officer | NFP
$250000 - 300000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
30 November 2018
IT and technology
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation and leader in its field. The business offers disability support services to thousands of people in Victoria. This organisation has aspired to remain innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience.
The business has begun significantly increasing its scale of services. This will involve a major business transformation with a focus on workforce transition, systems and process implementation, service delivery reorientation and cultural alignment. The changes will occur over the next 12 months. The next few years will focus on delivering a high-quality customer experience while leveraging the increased economies of scale to deliver the organisation's mission in a sustainable manner.
As the Chief Operations Officer, you will be integral in assisting the design and delivery of major strategic change whilst ensuring operational excellence. The COO will provide advice and counsel to the Executive Leadership Group and the Board regarding the seamless transition of the expanded operations into a fully integrated 'business as usual' environment. The COO will also be expected to then oversee the agreed 'business as usual' model at the strategic and operational levels in the new operations to achieve the required transformational change, creating a foundation for a strong, sustainable new organisation.
The organisation has an impressive ELT who have over the past few years already delivered several successful strategic changes. The business is undertaking a significant transformation and is looking for a highly capable individual to drive the delivery and ongoing operations of this complex program of work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the CEO to develop a culture and operating model which ensures the business delivers on operational and strategic goals.
- In partnership with the relevant Executive members, accountable for setting the organisation's Industrial relations strategy and message
- Present strategic initiatives and report on operational plans and outcomes to the Board and Leadership teams.
- Drive successful commercial outcomes, take responsibility for operational expenditure, and help the business to meet financial growth targets.
- Ultimate accountability for service provisioning and meeting key deliverables that will make for a high performance and sustainable business.
- Be an ambassador for change, reinforce the impeccable ethics and values that exist in the organization, and drive a customer centric and cohesive way of working.
This is an essential appointment for the organization and the success of the person in this role is pivotal to the business continuing to lead the market in the short and long term. Given the significant people challenge the successful candidate will have very good emotional intelligence and a great understanding of human behaviors. You will have strengths in establishing a cohesive culture and have excellent relationship management skills. Experience guiding an organization through significant transformation and in to a state of operational excellence is crucial, as is experience shaping the structure and service levels of a large workforce.
Your experience and skills should include most, if not all of:
- Tackling significant people challenges, delivering an excellent culture, and building high performing sustainable teams.
- Implementing new operating models and enhancing the quality and standards of services with a large and complex workforce.
- Providing thorough leadership to an experienced and capable ELT, as well as providing operational reports and strategic guidance at Board level.
- Managing a large budget, meeting financial outcome targets, and controlling operational expenditure.
- Impressive soft skills - the ability to communicate very effectively at all levels, to negotiate in the best interests of the project and organization, and to inspire and energize teams.
- Comfort operating in a degree of ambiguity and a high level of resilience in the face of challenges.
Further to this, experience in a workforce intensive business, with a strong understanding of workforce management solutions and organizational integration is desirable.
For a confidential discussion please call 03 9691 3661 quoting the job title and reference number, and also click on the apply now button to submit your resume. 06810-0010705648BP
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631