Business Analyst | Energy Provider | up to $120k pkg
Location : Inner Suburbs Melbourne
Post Date : 02 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 0009266240ACB
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
Our client is a recruiting a pricing analyst to be responsible for delivering new pricing strategies to expand the company's reach within its customer accounts.
The role will be concentrated within the billing and finance side of the business, but you'll also gain exposure into their commercial operations, management, marketing and sales, so feel the pride of the company's business continuity.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and your duties will include:
- Develop and deploy strategic pricing initiatives across markets - impacting initial electrical income estimations.
- Electricity meter data analysis.
- End to end of data management of monthly billings/invoicing.
- Under the direction of the Director, products, and pricing, develop competitive pricing structures and models for their solutions. Maintain these structures and models on an ongoing basis and perform detailed competitive and benchmarking analysis on existing and new company solutions to identify target market price points and financial structures.
- Prepare Win/Loss analysis for each deal to measure expected revenue and profitability.
- Ensure that all electric deals assigned by the Directors and/or senior members are priced in a timely manner according to established Sales priorities.
- Provide training and market insights to sales team on an as needed basis.
To be successful, you might be equipped with an accounting/engineering degree as a Pricing Analyst with 5+ years' experience from the utilities industry and in a similar, hands-on role. You will be system savvy with advanced Excel skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong project management and teamwork skills, including ability to coordinate activities across a cross-functional team in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel, MS Project, and ability to use various software applications and business analysis tools.
- Excellent analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills with ability to apply analytic solutions to business problems.
- Demonstrated understanding of price structure creation and analysis, cost build-ups, market share, profit margins and return on investment.
- The ability to communicate sensitively with customers, staff and industry players.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within seven working days. Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Interested in advice on everything career, recruitment and work-life balance related? Check out our blog: www.roberthalf.com.au/blog
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691-3631 and quote number: 0009266240 or contact Alisha Benson, however, please apply first for priority calls.
140 William Street