Business Analyst | $100-120k+Super
$100000 - 120000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
24 October 2017
IT & Technology
This business is in a rapidly evolving industry sector and has been going from strength to strength in recent years. Having seen substantial growth the organisation is investing heavily in to its people and technology in order to stay at the top of its game. The company is looking to use the momentum of its commercial success to make sure it is more efficient, effective, and ultimately delivering an even higher standard of care and service to its customers.
The organisation is full of passionate people who are enthusiastic about the work they do. The company has a strong focus on integrity and ethics both in the work it does and the people it employs. There is a good work-life balance to be found here and a communicative and collaborative team culture.
The Business Analyst role has multiple key mandates: document & refine processes, scope requirements for multiple projects, communicate technology advancements and process improvements to a range of business stakeholders. There is a technical component to the role, the ability to run SQL queries, and to get in to some of the detail, is just as important as managing the diverse and challenging stakeholder group.
This business suits people with initiative and a good work ethic, who want to take ownership over a role and to 'make it their own'. The role reports through to the head of product and the team needs someone with a high level of capability and someone who takes pride in their work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with your team and the wider business to improve process & agile capability.
- Work with the digital delivery team to effectively communicate needs and changes.
- Manage the technical design process to identify and solve business issues.
- Analysis and refinement of information flows and data requirements.
- Contribute to the evolution of software systems applications and architectures.
- Balance clients, budgets, needs, constraints, relationships and outcomes.
- Elements of strategic planning, business model analysis, and process design.
Your interpersonal skills are paramount. You must be highly effective when it comes to both written and verbal communication. You should be looking for an organization of middling maturity where you can make an impact and benefit from seeing the fruits or your labor. You will work closely with a head of product, in-house development team, key business stakeholders, outsourced vendors, and whilst the role can definitely be multifaceted at times (like any small-medium enterprise) you are expected to own the BA area. You need to be strong when it comes to business process analysis and workshopping for broader technology projects, with a view to making improvements and eliciting requirements.
Your experience and skills should include most, if not all:
- Confidence in engaging with and managing client interactions at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience with workshop facilitation, process analysis and documentation.
- Proven ability to drive process improvement, digital enablement and technology change in a complex environment.
In addition you will have an IT degree or other relevant technical/project/delivery qualifications. The role also requires the ability to prioritize your work and excellent written communication skills.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then click on the apply button now or call 03 9691 3661.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne