Accounts Payable Officer
$62000 - 62000 / annum
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
11 December 2018
Finance and accounting
We are looking for an outstanding Accounts Payable Officer. Our client is a leading construction company based within Melbourne CBD. You will enjoy extensive professional training and development to reach your full potential as an integral member of a professional and supportive team. You will report to the Accounting Manager and have opportunity for career growth and quick advancement within this high energy department.
Your primary responsibility is to handle the administrative and clerical needs of the Finance Department. Do you like an ever-changing environment? As the Accounts Payable Clerk two days will ever be the same. Enjoy a wealth of variety as you match and batch code, resolve accounts payable issues, process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process cheques.
Are you a forward-thinking, highly organised individual with the ability to multi-task? This role will allow you to utilise your accounts payable skills in a high performing and supportive environment. You can work independently to verify, log and mail cheques, including expediting special handling. There is also plenty of scope for involvement in special projects that let you showcase your broad skill set.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Commerce or related field.
- Previous experience in an Accounts Payable position.
- Skills using a large ERP system.
- Strong communication skills to maintain positive working relationships with a variety of suppliers.
- A team player with the ability to work independently.
- Able to process a large volume of invoices.
You are highly organised, detail oriented, and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks promptly but accurately. You have a flexible outlook and are able to manage conflicting priorities. You have strong communication and customer service skills, especially with contacts from both technical and financial backgrounds. You have the initiative and creative flair to offer innovative solutions to improve the accounts payable function.
What's on offer?
- A dynamic role with a growth-focused company.
- Exposure to a variety of special projects to extend your skill set.
- Forward-thinking career prospects and a real chance to reach your full potential.
- The support of a talented team.
- A flexible workplace where work-life balance is actively promoted.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
Reference No. 06810-001011818 SG
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631