$75,000.00 - $95,000.00 / annum
Inner Suburbs Brisbane
8 May 2019
Finance and accounting
Are you looking for an opportunity to progress your career in the commercial sector in a role that will challenge and energise you? If that sounds familiar, we want to hear from you. Our client is passionate about career progression and training and development, and offer solid opportunities to advance within the organisation. Join some of the brightest, most capable people in their industry to achieve success as their Company Accountant and make the kind of contribution that matters to you.
As Company Accountant you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company's results. Draw on your hardworking experience to implement continuous improvement in internal controls and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies and procedures or harness your experience in Public Practice and focus your Audit or Business Services to operational and business partnering in the commercial sector.
You will oversee the efficient working of AP and AR functions, and managing tax resourcing in collaboration with third party tax consultants. Let your leadership skills shine as you coach, mentor and recruit for your highly talented team.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:-
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and to set the capital and operating budget as well as assist in developing strategy for the organisation;
- Manage all accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Billing;
- Undertake variance analysis on budget vs actuals;
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business;
- Support month-end and year-end close process to prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
You have developed an ambitious track record to date and now you are ready to extend your skill set and take your career to the next level. You have a passion for continuous improvement and have the creative flair to suggest innovations and improvements to underpin business growth. Your knowledge of compliance requirements is outstanding, and you combine this with impressive technical skills to ensure prompt, accurate reporting and outstanding financial management in a fast-paced environment. In addition you will possess: -
- Degree qualified in Accounting, Commerce, Business, Finance or related field.
- Professional certification in accounting - CA or CPA.
- Natural talent for people leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on relationships.
- Forward-thinking ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts and a professional and tactful manner.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility.
What's on offer?
- An extraordinary opportunity to share in the growth of a dynamic business.
- The chance to expand your skill set through ongoing projects and formal professional development.
- A fast-paced workplace that will energise and inspire you.
- The support of a committed and motivated team comprising some of the best in the business.
- An employer who fosters work-life balance.
To submit your application please send your CV but clicking on the "Apply Now" button. Alternatively reach out to your Robert Half consultant or contact Matthew Taylor in the Robert Half Brisbane office on (07) 3039 4202
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
10 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
au 07 3039 4202