Accounts Payable Officer
$55000 - 56000 / annum
Finance and Accounting
Company and Role Summary
Our client is the is one of the largest international company of nutrition, health and wellness which provides consumers with the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage categories and eating occasions, from morning to night and also employs more than 3,000 people in Australia
The Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate payments to all vendors as well as partnering with the business to maintain an electronic invoicing and payments solution Companywide. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking to grow their career in the Accounting field.
- Leads companywide Accounts Payable activities and functions
- Develops, implements and audits AP procedures and policies to ensure Company-wide adherence to expenditure guidelines and policies
- Assists in monthly closing of financial records and processing of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial reporting process
- Reviews monthly vendor statements, identifies outstanding invoices and follows up with vendors to obtain copies
- Reviews invoices, postings, and other documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper coding; makes adjustments as needed and maintains required documentation for auditing purposes
- Provides assistance and responds to AP/accounting questions and concerns to meet business needs
- Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Runs weekly reports and performs validations to ensure accurate reporting/payments
- Prepares and recommends operating and people budgets for approval.
- Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary. Requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience performing Accounts Payable responsibilities in a mid-sized, fast paced organization, preferably FMCG, retail or hospitality industry;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; or commensurate combination of education and work experience
- Experience with SAP
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Displays strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Displays strong attention to detail; demonstrates effective planning and organization skills
- Ability to communicate with department heads, vendors and employees in a friendly, professional and prompt manner
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by emailing Daniela Ribeiro directly with your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively, press the 'Apply' button below and attach your CV, or call Daniela Ribeiro directly in the Sydney office.
Covering letters are not required.