Surf Sports Development Officer
$80000 - 90000 / annum
Eastern Suburbs Sydney
North Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club (NCSLSC) was established in 1918 and is one of the oldest, largest and most successful clubs in Australia. It has a very successful sporting history at both state and national levels. The Club is seeking to appoint a Surf Sports Development Officer, a crucial role, which aims to develop and coordinate, in conjunction with key stakeholders the implementation of strategies to ensure the ongoing success and advancement of the club's competitive performance and competition pathways.
As the Surf Sports Development Officer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop an overall surf sports competition and training strategy
- Oversee, coordinate and deliver the NCSLSC Surf Sports Academy programme
- Design and deliver relevant training and strength/conditioning programmes for Academy athletes and surf sports divisions
- Recruit and oversee the club's coaches and monitor all coaching programs
- Coordinate competition preparation and act as Team Manager at State and National competitions
- Communicate the Nippers and Cadet program requirements to the surf sports section leaders and ensure their programmes are properly supported via the establishment of coaching and training clinics
- Provide monthly reports to the General Manager on the progress and outcomes of the various activities undertaken
- Present annual plan and reports to the Board of Management as required
You will actively engage with athletes and coaching staff to ascertain whether they are receiving the best training opportunities and ensure there is a pathway for athletes to become a competitor for NCSLSC in the State and Australian titles.
As the successful Surf Sports Development Officer at NCSLSC you will be self-motivated and ideally:
- have a Degree Qualification in Sports Science
- be an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
- be a Level 2 Surf Coach
- have a strong sporting and competitive background
You will have excellent attention to detail, strong administrative skills and be self-supporting administratively. You will also have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and be a strong influencer with the ability to oversee coaching at the club and ensure participants are provided with the best programmes and coaching methods.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for a confidential discussion or further information, contact Matthew Taylor in Robert Half's Perth office on (08) 6430 6801.
Learn more about North Cottesloe Surf Club: www.ncslsc.com/