L3 Network Systems Engineer
$90,000.00 - $100,000.00 / annum
Eastern Suburbs Sydney
16 July 2019
IT and technology
This company is a well-established and highly reputable IT-based organization who provide innovative technology solutions across both private and public cloud.
Paid certifications, ongoing training, a clear career path and an upbeat and outgoing work environment are on offer.
Newly created L3 Network Systems Engineer role supporting various Enterprise customer environments across servers, networking, virtualisation, and the cloud.
You'll be involved in a mix of L3 BAU support & project work including implementations, migrations and upgrades.
Being a small yet growing team you'll be 'wearing multiple hats' and working directly with clients.
Key elements of the role:
- L3 Support across - Windows Server 2012/2016; DNS/DHCP; Active Directory & Group Policy; Office 365 & Exchange; VMware / Hyper-V; Storage & Backups.
- Configuration, support and management of Enterprise networking devices - including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless (Cisco Meraki & Fortinet)
- Hands on involvement with the implementation of client projects and solutions.
- Working closely with clients to ensure their business IT objectives are met.
- Effective planning, communication, training, coordination and execution.
- Act as an escalation point for the Service Desk.
- Projects include:
- Cloud & server migrations (Azure, GCP, AWS, VMware/Hyper-V)
- On-prem Exchange to Office 365 migrations (design & execution)
- Office moves (design & execution)
- Network configuration / redesign - WAN/LAN & configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi etc…
- Hardware installations / upgrades
A SUITBALE CANDIDATE
Suitable for a strong generalist IT Engineer experienced with level 3 support, troubleshooting & projects across systems & network infrastructure for multiple managed services clients.
It's ideal for a motivated and proactive customer service champion who wants to develop their technical skills and IT certifications + enjoy career progression, challenging work in an upbeat environment.
The following is needed:
- Broad hands on technical L3 background supporting & troubleshooting servers, virtualisation, cloud, storage/backups, mobility & networking devices.
- Good networking knowledge & understanding of TCP/IP, Routing/Switching, VPN, WAN/LAN etc…
- Experience with Enterprise Microsoft technologies and networking vendors such as Cisco Meraki, Fortinet etc…
- Proven experience delivering multiple small-to-medium sized projects - e.g. migrations, upgrades, office moves etc.
- Fantastic customer service skills, and well-developed problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time permanent role based in the Sydney CBD and is offering circa $90,000 - $100,000 (plus super).
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255