Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
July 2, 2018
IT and technology
A leading technology company providing payment systems and solutions for the retail and finance sector. Our client has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious IT support specialist who may have exposure to Scripting, Automation & SQL Database administration to join their growing technology team.
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the functionality of Products.
- Applying scripts to systems, and advising on solutions
- Update and configure business applications
- Strong reporting skills and the ability to identify and report on system bugs.
- Documenting Application and Infrastructure implementations
- Being customer service orientated
- Provide technical support to staff, and clients
- Ability to multi task and prioritise work accordingly
- Problem solving and troubleshooting application issues.
- Strong desire and ability to learn and apply new knowledge and techniques
- To be successful in this role you will have demonstrable experience in a similar position and have key competencies in the following:
- Scripting, Automation (VB.net, C#, PowerShell, HTML, PHP) advantageous
- Application Support for business software and products
- Windows Server 2008-2016
- Linux Experience, CentOS, RHEL
- MS SQL Database administration skill advantageous
- Basic VMware vSphere
- Developing, Maintaining and Supporting systems in a 24x7 environment
- A basic understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing, DNS)A passion for technology and willingness to learn would be advantageous due to the nature of the role, candidates must reside and be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
- Strong communication skills are essential due to the engagement across different business units. You will therefore be people orientated, collaborative and friendly.
Strong communication skills are essential due to the engagement across different business units. You will therefore be people orientated, collaborative and friendly.
A passion for technology and willingness to learn would be advantageous due to the nature of the role, candidates must reside and be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you feel you meet the requirements of this role and are interested in learning more about the position, please click on the apply button today.