Management Accountant - Retail
$45.00 - $45.00 / hour
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
9 August 2019
Dynamic Australian retail brand with sustainability at heart is looking for a management accountant with the gut to take on this constantly changing retail environment! This brand has been making waves in men's and women's range over the years and now taking on the digital world with their new technological investments into their websites and other service offerings towards the savvy younger segment of the market.
Brand has been expanding nationally and internationally as well for the last few years and been making to media with their sustainability business practices as a part of their corporate social responsibility through their AU & NZ operations. Company provides products and services from celebrities to you and I and you most likely have seen or heard their advertisements over TV and radio.
Reporting to the group controller, their new Financial Accountant would assist with,
- Preparation and management of monthly accruals to ensure costs are treated correctly.
- Balance sheet reconciliations with liaison with the transactional team.
- Assisting with annual budget & quarterly forecasting in liaison with the CFO.
- Management of COGS balances in liaison with supply chain.
- Ensure GST returns are calculated correctly and reconciled to be paid in time for New Zealand arm of the business.
- Conducting straight lining treatment for all rent and outgoings for the network of stores.
- Preparation of the intercompany recharges between the Oceania entities on a monthly basis.
- Internal & external stake holder management.
- Assist with the annual audit, FBT return, tax return and other statutory requirements
This role became available due to a maternity leave and will be a contract role till end of March 2020.
You will be a CPA/CA Qualified Financial Accountant with few years of solid experience with exposure to inventory accounting. Retail back ground will be highly regarded but other backgrounds will be considered for this role as well. You will be able to provide initiative and intuitive thinking surrounding business process improvement and efficiency to decrease process time and increase reliability of data.
This position will suit an immediately available candidate who wants the opportunity to add value in the short term and attain professional development in the long run. Immediately available or close to candidates will be most relevant for this opportunity.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Nuwan Kas in our Melbourne office on 9691 3666.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631