Industrial Relations Specialist | Up to $130k | NFP
$115000 - 130000 / annum
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
10 October 2018
This is a well-established not-for-profit organisation and leader in its field. The business offers disability support services to thousands of people in Victoria. This organisation has aspired to remain innovative and relevant in a rapidly changing market and has a highly capable and forward-thinking executive team with a breadth of not for profit and commercial experience.
The business is about to significantly increase its scale of services. This will involve a major business transformation with a focus on workforce transition, systems and process implementation, service delivery reorientation and cultural alignment. The changes will occur over the next 12 months. The next few years will focus on delivering a high-quality customer experience while leveraging the increased economies of scale to deliver the organisation's mission in a sustainable manner.
As the Industrial Relations advisor you will have a range of key responsibilities and deliverables including;
- Provide leadership and expertise on industrial relations matters related to the business and workforce both operationally and strategically
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with a range of key Government Stakeholders
- Successfully negotiate Enterprise Agreements with Unions and the workforce, ensuring that the process is positive, and the outcomes maximise employee engagement and productivity
- Ensure that the Enterprise Agreements are implemented clearly and accurately
- Ensure that all terms are clear and well understood and any potential issues are identified and actioned immediately
- Resolve disputes with employees and unions in line with mandated processes
- Conduct investigations relating to employees using proven procedures that meet legal and organisational requirements
You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in managing industrial relations preferably to a large Government workforce.
Your industrial relations experience will involve managing a workforce of over 1000 employees from a blue-collar environment.
You will have significant success in leading Enterprise Agreement Negotiations with a large Government workforce and Unions.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to make well throughout complex judgement and recommendations in regard to IR/ER and a range of workforce matters
You will have proven experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationship with a range of stakeholders across all levels.
You must hold a valid Drivers Licence
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Tara Goss at our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3663.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Job Reference No: 06810-0010602258TG
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631