Director of Finance
$165000 - 185000 / annum
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
16 May 2019
Finance Director - Transforming Aged Care Enterprise
Robert Half Executive Search has been engaged exclusively by a growing Aged Care provider to appoint a commercially focussed Finance Director.
For more than 60 years, our client's senior living community has been a pillar of its local region, renowned for its model of holistic and compassionate care, as they serve the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being of its residents and families. Our client's facility forms an important part of this Group's Victorian and national network and is about to embark on a significant long-term redevelopment project. This is an exciting time in its organisational transformation,
With a focus on continuous process improvement, our client seeks to implement best practice across its Care programmes. Given the organisation's redevelopment of its facilities within a dynamic regulatory environment, this broad finance leadership role will offer a broad remit, rewarding challenge and senior stakeholder exposure.
A trusted advisor to the CEO, as Finance Director you will be joining a close-knit senior leadership team in this broad remit covering Finance, IT and commercial support to redevelopment plans. Such oversight will include monthly management reporting and analysis of operations, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow management and contract and management support.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement as well as encouraging teamwork and collaboration, sharing of information and knowledge, open and honest communication and positivity and support.
- Developing and maintaining financial models and business cases for new project development initiatives for the Board and financiers.
- Preparing, monitoring and managing capital expenditures.
- Coordinating the annual budget process and presenting it to the CEO and Board.
- Providing interpretation and analysis of relevant and prospective legislation, with the provision of recommendations to the CEO, while ensuring compliance with current Aged Care Standards.
- Overseeing the preparation of long-term planning processes including the development of the corporate, capital and asset management plans.
- Overseeing the day to day financial and accounting activities for the organisation including daily cash flow management, forecasting, accounts payable and receivable, etc.
- Preparing and submitting financial statements, financial reports and financial analysis.
- Leading the development and application of financial and fiscal policies and procedures, ensuring that they are efficient and effective.
- Management of Third-Party service contractors
CA/CPA qualified, you will have 10 + years of senior management experience, ideally having worked in broad finance leadership roles within the aged care and/or related health services sectors. Such aged care industry experience and knowledge would be preferred, including a strong working knowledge of Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) and Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP).
You will have experience in hands-on senior finance roles, with a demonstrable ability to balance organisational strategy and day-to-day finance activities. This will include an understanding of Property, Construction & Development markets, with the ability to apply financial labour staffing modelling and business case evaluation whilst building a sustainable position for the organisation.
You will be highly principled and have demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record of effective cross functional stakeholder engagement. You will have the desire to work for a commercial Not for Profit enterprise, exhibiting compassion for and sensitivity to others and seeking to contribute to your environment.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Lindsay Steinour in our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3643.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631