Commercial Finance Manager - Global SME
$130000 - 165000 / annum
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
22 November 2017
Our client is an Australian founded entrepreneurial SME which is expanding its global footprint. Existing to promote and commercialise technological innovation across a broad number of industry sectors, this enterprise has its own product portfolio and also has a number of strategic partnerships with global organisations to support research, design, engineer, manufacture, fund and market new products. To deliver its vision, our client has assembled some of the brightest talent across engineering, IT, life sciences and marketing disciplines.
Following recent business transformation and growth, an opportunity exists for a Commercial Finance Manager to partner with the General Manager of the largest operating division.
Reporting to the CFO and acting as a trusted advisor to the General Manager (Projects), you will lead a small team responsible for full Financial, budgetary and commercial remit.
This broasd role will require hybrid group finance and business insights spanning financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management, business analysis, modelling, contract review and risk management.
Further, your remit will include the following ;
- Operational financial management of the consulting business, providing support to the General Manager and Group CFO
- Monthly financial and management reporting, including the preparation of profit and loss statements, KPI reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets and monthly forecasting, including inventory and cashflow forecasting for the Division
- Analysis of monthly results and advice to Management & Executive Team on opportunities for revenue maximisation and cost control
- Review of Monthly/Quarterly BAS, PAYG reporting
- Active control & reporting of Accounts Receivable, Accrued Income (WIP), Unearned Income, and Accounts Payable to ensure AR/Accrued Income and working capital is managed to appropriate levels
- Assist management with contract management, reviewing commercials, risk management, insurance and payment terms for supply agreements
- Assist management accountant with client billing and project spend reporting, accounts receivables and payable processing as required
- Management of business internal controls including focus on systems and process improvements, and maintenance of accounting policies
- Ad hoc business modelling and scenario analysis
CA/CPA , you will have experience in a broad financial management business partnering role which has ideally a focus on financial management, analysis and driving improved Divisional performance. Your ability to demonstrate problem solving, provide business insights to Executive stakeholders and provide strong staff leadership and communication to the business will be critical success factors.
Ideally, you will have led within a Divisional finance context and have outstanding stakeholder engagement skills across general management, operations and within the broader finance enterprise.
Experience as a commercially savvy finance leader within growth SME international environments spanning industry sectors manufacturing, technology and life sciences would be viewed favourably.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Rebecca Gist or Cameron Eustice in our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3643.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne