AS400 Developer|$80 - $100k + Super|Eastern Suburbs
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
5 September 2018
IT and technology
This company specializes in logistics who support a variety of products that are essential for customers in the successful operation of their business from all over the world. Joining a successful and established team due to sustained expansion we are looking for a seasoned AS400 developer to join and add value.
- Identifying requirements by establishing communication and rapport with end users
- Developing and maintaining applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analysing requirements; developing software systems.
- Establishing project requirements in programming sequence by analysing requirements and preparing a specification of work for business sign off
- Modifying programs and functions in accordance with the approved specification
- Confirming program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Providing reference by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of the AS400 platform and related tools
- Demonstrated experience in Java skills in relation to using the "AS400" JT400 toolkit, particularly the use of Data queue objects, Remote procedure calls using parameters defined by PCML
- Proven experience in IBM Power Server hardware setup skills, IBM i operating system configuration skills, and IBM i operating system maintenance and upgrade skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with DB2 400 database and IFS (Integrated file system)
Interviews are happening as we speak. If you are looking for your next opportunity you can send your CV by clicking apply and referencing the job number. If you want to hear more about this exciting opportunity you can ask to speak with Paige Walker on 03 9691 3661
Job Reference No: 06810-0010615565
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631