Technical Writer | 12 month Fixed Term | Eastern Suburbs
$75000 - 85000 / annum
03 November 2017
IT & Technology
We are currently working alongside a midsize, renowned software company in Doncaster going through numerous transformation projects. As a consequence of their growth, and several key changes in the business, the company now has an urgent requirement for a talented Technical Writer to develop some training materials and service manuals for a transition project.
Reporting directly into the Program Director, the Technical Writer will be responsible for the creation of clear, concise and practical training documentation. The role will involve collating information from several different sources and creating consistent and functional customer-focused documentation. The successful candidate will have exposure to all areas of the business and will be expected to become well versed in all areas of their service offering and provide a bridge between the technical team, suppliers, customers and business stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Finding and collating documentation appropriate to the project
- Defining uniform terminology and language
- Reviewing and digesting all information pertinent to the project.
- Creating user-friendly and comprehensive training copy within the agreed timeframe.
- Taking feedback from stakeholders and editing and reviewing the training material accordingly.
You will be an Experienced Technical Writer with the ability to quickly achieve results in a challenging environment. Your Experience will also include:
- Extensive technical writing skills
- Must have experience working in Microsoft environments utilizing MS Office
- Familiarity with interpreting service manuals and technical documentation
- Exceptional writing and comprehension ability
- A proven ability to take and implement feedback from stakeholders
- Experience with help authoring tools (e.g. Madcap Flare or Adobe Robohelp)
- Excellent communication skills
- An outstanding attention to detail
How to Apply
This role has an urgent requirement and interviews will be taking place as early as this week. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661 and ask for Joeri Ovart.
Job Reference No: