IT Security Architect
$1000 - 1400 / day
5 July 2019
IT and technology
Robert Half is currently recruiting an experienced IT Security Professional for a national leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. The primary project work will be focused on consulting government clients on their Security standards when migrating infrastructure to cloud services, in particular Azure. As such, security needs to be considered and applied to the systems being established in the cloud, given that many of the systems will contain classified information.
Based in Canberra, we are looking for an experienced leader/architect/consultant to make sure that the application of security controls is cost effective and workable. The proposed security controls need to be considered at an early stage to avoid, subsequent more costly implementation of security controls, which will also be disruptive.
Other Key responsibilities are:
- Be involved in aspects of risk and security assessments, providing design specifications and preparing documentation for IRAP assessment.
- Engage in advanced security architecture discussion with clients and prospective clients.
- Provide guidance in the application of ACSC guidelines, and Government policies and standards to new Azure solution Architectures, and to changes to existing Architecture.
- Work with customers on their future cloud strategies and identify key risks aligned to a formalised risk management framework.
- Develop overall security requirements and mitigation risks, including consideration of physical, logical and administrative controls.
- Develop Statement of Applicability for ASD ISM controls for protected systems including consideration of ACSC consumer guidelines for Microsoft protected cloud and existing applicable controls documented in the relevant IRAP assessments of the cloud environment.
- Review and update organisational Cyber Security policy, processes and procedures in accordance with Australian Government cyber security requirements.
This role will require a qualified and skilled individual who is able to demonstrate a high amount of end to end project experience, preferably designing and delivering solutions for government and private clients with a speciality in security.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated ability working with customers to understand risks, drivers, challenges, and directions to become an established trusted advisor for the delivery of appropriate security solutions.
- Ability to undertake pre-sales activities including meetings, statement of work development, proposal development, project scoping and scheduling, requirements analysis and architecture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to articulate security and risk related concepts to varying audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in network architecture and best practices, firewall technologies, endpoint security, device management, and secure implementation of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Current Australian Government NV1 security clearance a must.
- Demonstrated experience working in a government sector across ICT Risk and Security Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding both the Australian Government Information Security Manual and Protective Security Policy Framework.
- Expert knowledge of security architecture design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Security standards and frameworks.
- IRAP Accreditation (desirable).
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Job Reference No:
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631