Program Manager | Government | Canberra
$1000 - 1500 / day
1 November 2018
Our client is a first-class professional services firm with an international presence. A company that is known for its former Big 4 employee base. They work with some of the most impressive entities across the globe.
Reporting directly into Executive Leadership, you will be managing complex concurrent projects which will impact the business across digital, application development, system implementation and automation. Specifically, the Program Manager will;
- Manage the programme's budget and demand management processes, including contribution to annual planning, risk, portfolio prioritisation and business case development.
- Implement project and program status reporting, including framework for reporting progress to appropriate governance forums.
- Manage resourcing for the programme, on-board contract and permanent staff, manage project delivery resources, coach and mentor Project Managers and Business Analysts.
- Develop and implement multiple project methodologies and tools, ensuring projects and processes comply with quality standards.
- Exercise a range of strategic management and leadership skills.
- Comprehensively understand the organisations political landscape.
- Exhaustively assess and act upon health, risks and issues that can impact on the portfolio of projects from conception to delivery.
- Play a pivotal role in the enhancement of the relationships between IT and the business.
- Understand and communicate technology's impact across a myriad of business units and differing professions.
This is a multimillion dollar program of work and this specific appointment is critical to this organisation and its continued level of excellence and success. As such, the individual to attain this role will have a very high level of emotional intelligence and business capability. The person is also likely to have a balance of in-depth experience across multiple large scale technical improvements, and of process re-engineering, change management and knowledge transfer in scalable environments.
You will be comfortable making difficult decisions in political environments and have the capacity to mediate between multiple stakeholders and to drive correct process and cultural transformation. The ideal individual will combine empathy and compassion with a high level of business acumen and strategic thought process.
- Proven experience in producing quality assured project outcomes that meet the clients and executive stakeholder requirements.
- Proven experience in managing multi-dimensional technical IT and business projects of high level complexity in Government organisations.
- Experience in overseeing the delivery of intricate programs of work comprising of multiple interdependent projects.
- Exceptional experience within PMO.
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of current and emerging trends along with being able to leverage this knowledge and implement it in relation to the existing technology environment and emerging business and technology requirements.
- Proven ability in contract negotiations.
- Certifications in project managements and a comprehensive understanding of Agile project methodologies.
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format are preferred.
Job Reference No: 06810-0010518126JR
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631