Senior Wireless Network Engineer
$70.00 - $90.00 / hour
12 August 2019
IT and technology
Formed in 1851 the company continues to dominate in the mining industry known around the world.
The function of the Industrial Communications Engineering Senior Wireless Network Engineer is to design, optimise and integrate wireless transmission networks, as per the OT communications standards and reference architecture, to ensure designed solutions are delivered into operations with strict adherence to the blueprint. The Senior Wireless Network Engineer is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of the wireless transmission domain including WLAN, Point to Multipoint (PMP), Point to Point (PTP), TCP/IP, LPWAN and IoT technologies. Design and develop technical solutions that adhere to OT communications standards, reference architecture and to blueprint in order to address business requirements and implement them through IT change management processes and tools. Implement logical and physical changes as required for project execution in coordination with the Technology Remote Operations Centre (TROC) and site technology teams whilst following safe work instructions.
Actively participate in the development and maintenance of OT communications standards and blueprints. Work with key staff as a level 3 SME in wireless transmission network projects. Document high and low level designs, as built and maintenance strategies pertinent to delivering wireless services into operations. Engage various senior stakeholders, vendors and users in order to build long-term, strategic relationships to assist with the development of solutions that will continue to meet or exceed business needs.
Make positive work relationships a priority and display a genuine passion and commitment toward the team
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail, testing and documentation
- All required site statutory competencies as referenced in the site health and safety management system and/or BHP policy
- A proven track record of safety management
Excellent oral and written, sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Interpret and read maintenance plans & technical information
- Ability to prioritise effectively and ensure effective execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly logical thinker with strong analytical skills for a high level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department
What's on offer?
- Work within a fantastic team environment
- Work with other subject matter experts
- Competitive hourly rate
- Fantastic location in Brisbane CBD
- Very accessible by public transport
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on categories protected under local law.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Thomas Callender in our Robert Half technology office on 3039 4202.
Learn more about our Brisbane recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-brisbane
10 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
au 07 3039 4202