Group Financial Accountant
$74000 - 76000 / annum
25 March 2019
Finance and accounting
This company is a world market leader within their industry - designing, developing, manufacturing and installing within a multinational environment. Their strong results are as a result of organic growth as well as via acquisition and 2019 doesn't look to be slowing down for them. Brilliant internal career progression opportunities and a highly motivated team has seen to this company building an excellent reputation internally as well as externally. They are currently seeking to appoint a talented Group Financial Accountant as soon as possible.
This is a tailored made opportunity for someone making their first move from the External Audit team of a Big 4 or 2nd tier firm and will provide an excellent entry point to the commercial sector for a highly motivated, enthusiastic & customer focused technical Financial Accountant to hone their commercial experience in a reporting, controlling and consolidation intensive role - experience paving a proven way to fast track your commercial career. Duties will include but not be limited to:-
- Statutory financial statement/Annual financial report preparation
- Consolidation & group reporting
- Joint Venture (JV) reporting
- Intercompany reporting
- Treasury Reporting
- Internal Control and Process Documentation
Support the consolidation and Group reporting function with the consolidation and reporting of international group financial results to Group/Headquarters and assist in the preparation of consolidated Australian Statutory financial statements and ensuring compliance with relevant financial reporting standards & regulations.
Assume ownership of the Joint Venture (JV) reporting/consolidation for Actual/Plan/Forecast results and ensuring that underlying financial information is submitted by the JV partners in a timely manner. This includes planning and submission of periodic instructions and templates to facilitate the JV reporting process.
Experience and Background
- Experience within the Assurance & Advisory team of a Big 4 or 2nd Tier firm. Those with Mid-Tier external audit experience are also encouraged to apply.
- European and Asian language skills are prized highly, but not essential
- Membership to a professional accounting body or close to admission (ICAANZ or CPA)
- Strong knowledge of Australian Financial Reporting Standards/local GAAP
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong MS Excel skills (intermediate to advanced level)
What's on offer?
Do you possess the above experience as well as being strongly committed & bring the ability to meet strict deadlines? Are you a dedicated team player with extraordinary attention to detail? Are you a quick learner with exceptional interpersonal & communication skills and a high level of work ethic. If so expect to:-
- Earn a package (neg) depending on experience between $75,000 and $95,000 + Super
- Work within a high energy team under experienced leaders with similar background to yours
- Opportunities for career development
- Free parking
For more information on this role, please contact Matthew Taylor in the Robert Half Brisbane office on (07) 3039 4202 or apply using the link.
10 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
au 07 3039 4202