$55000 - 70000 / annum
7 July 2019
Finance and accounting
Our ASX listed client is fast-growing company looking for your exceptional skills as an Assistant Accountant. This brilliant role is very involved, and will bring new challenges and rewards each day as you assist with the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company offers you a multi-faceted, opportunity to expand your skill set in an environment where effort and excellence are rewarded.
Prepare to be challenged by a role where no two days are ever the same. Your special accounting skills will see you involved in everything from preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings through to bank reconciliations, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliations. You will report to the Financial Accounting Manager, with responsibility for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. There is opportunity to assist with year-end closing processes and audit. Let your technical skills shine as you assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Started CA/CPA or enrolled to do so in next available semester essential
- Sound technology skills, including intermediate spread sheet skills
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner, both written and verbal, across all levels of a global organisation
- Solutions oriented, analytical and highly numerate, with excellent attention to detail
- Able to operate autonomously, exercising judgment at an appropriate level with a consultative approach
- Flexible, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- A team player with a willing "can-do" attitude
- Previous experience in a professional services environment an advantage
You offer a brilliant combination of uncommon technical skills and the creative flair to interpret information and offer initiatives to streamline the accounting and reporting process. You are a numbers person yet you have the business insights to meaningfully interpret financial data, and while you can work seamlessly with minimal supervision you also relish the opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of professionals. Your outstanding communication skills allow you to convey complex ideas to those with a non-financial background, and you have an excellent awareness of time management. Your outstanding skill set will prove a valuable asset as you participate in a variety of special reports and ad hoc projects.
What's on offer?
- An outstanding opportunity for a self-starter to reach their full potential in a dynamic and exciting workplace.
- The support of a highly professional team.
- A fast-paced work environment where you will benefit from ongoing training and development.
- A forward-thinking company that encourages work-life balance.
- A clearly defined career path giving you unlimited possibilities for growth.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
10 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
au 07 3039 4202