A Management Accountant analyses key financial information to provide feedback that will aid managerial planning and commercial decision-making that will the ensure future growth and profitability of your company.
The company’s Management Accountant establish financial policies and maintain management information systems, thus combining accounting and business management skills. Part of the Management Accountant’s role is to try to reduce the operational and production costs of a company by identifying and implementing more efficient strategies.
- Preparing financial reports, statements and budgets
- Undertaking financial administration
- Analysing financial performance and assisting with long-term business forecasts
- Negotiating and obtaining finance for business projects
- Providing financial information to different teams within the business
- Ensuring budgets are adhered to across the business
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to stakeholders
- Monitoring financial systems and policies
Whilst no degree is overlooked in the accountancy industry, typically employers will be more inclined to see candidates who have degrees in the following subjects:
- Business Studies
A Management Accountant will also be expected to demonstrate the following skills and traits:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills as they will regularly be collaborating with the wider business
- Commercial awareness and a clear understanding of how the company works
- Discretion and accuracy
- Organisational skills and the ability to work calmly to tight deadlines
Please note, this is a national average - to compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your local state or territory, visit our salary calculator.
Search for management accountant jobs in Australia below:
- Search for management accountant jobs in Sydney
- Search for management accountant jobs in Melbourne
- Search for management accountant jobs in Brisbane
- Search for management accountant jobs in Perth
Browse through our current list of management accountant jobs in Australia below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.