An Executive Assistant provides assistance to the high-level executives within a company and is often trusted with complex duties and sensitive information.
In addition to general administrative work, EAs may be in charge of scheduling meetings, taking minutes, maintaining databases and producing reports or presentations. They’re generally ensured with the smooth-running of the office, working both on a one-to-one basis with the executives but also on a wider basis with internal and external clients.
- Acting as the point of contact between the executives and internal or external colleagues
- Organising meetings and booking meeting rooms
- Handling correspondence directed to your boss
- Making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
- Taking dictation and minutes and writing up subsequently
- Producing reports and presentations
- Maintaining the current filing and database system, and looking for ways to improve current systems
Aside from a proficiency in English and computer skills, an Executive Assistant is not required to have a degree.
However you will be expected to be professional and well-presented at all times because you’ll be dealing with both internal colleagues and external visitors on behalf of your boss. You will also be expected to display the following traits:
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Excellent time management and work to tight deadlines
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail, especially as you might be expected to take minutes or notes on behalf of your boss
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion, as you will likely be privy to sensitive information
Search for executive assistant jobs in Australia below:
- Search for executive assistant jobs in Sydney
- Search for executive assistant jobs in Melbourne
- Search for executive assistant jobs in Brisbane
- Search for executive assistant jobs in Perth
Please note, this is a national average - to compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your local state or territory, visit our salary calculator.