Any Customer Service role will involve dealing with customers either via phone, email or face to face in relation to a product or service. This may include offering more information or resolving an issue. A Customer Services representative is acting on behalf of the company so it is paramount that they know and understand the company values and always act in a completely professional manner, using language that aligns with that of the company.
The Customer Service Team Leader is responsible for providing a productive and motivating working environment for their staff.
- Delivering the most comprehensive service possible to enquiring customers
- Possibly delegating certain customer enquiries to specific teams
- Managing a large number of incoming calls and emails
- Managing customers’ accounts
- Keeping a record of customer interaction and details of action taken
- Communicating with internal teams to discuss sales targets
- Generating sales leads, building sustainable relationships where necessary
- Report back on results
Whilst no degree is required for a Customer Services role, there are a number of traits you will be expected to display in order to excel in the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the basic function of this role is communicating with customers
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure as sometimes you will be dealing with unhappy customers
- A thorough knowledge of the product or service you are offering
- Efficiency and organisational skills
- Administrative skills
- Computer literacy in order to type up reports, results and details of customer interaction
Please note, this is a national average - to compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your local state or territory, visit our salary calculator.
Search for customer service jobs in Australia below:
- Search for customer service jobs in Sydney
- Search for customer service jobs in Melbourne
- Search for customer service jobs in Brisbane
- Search for customer service jobs in Perth
Browse through our current list of customer service jobs in Australia below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.