Anyone working within a Business Intelligence role will be integral in developing the vision and overall rationale of a company. The Business Intelligence Manager will work with various teams within the company to establish priorities and manage expectations. As a result, a Business Intelligence Manager must sell and reinforce the role of Business Intelligence within the company, and constantly motivate staff and communicate business deliverables.
- Monitoring industry trends and emerging technologies
- Refining corporate goals
- Identifying business opportunities
- Developing a business strategy, overall and within internal teams
- Performing analyses on current organisation processes
- Maintaining and updating all strategies in operational plans according to budget
- Creating Business Intelligence reports
- Overseeing all ongoing Business Intelligence projects
- Providing support to all teams within the company
A Business Intelligence Manager will be expected to have a number of years’ experience in their field as well as experience in managing a team.
A degree is preferred in order for you to develop your Business Intelligence career. Whilst there is no specific degree employers look for, the following may be particularly well received:
- Computing or Computer Science
- Business Studies
A Business Intelligence Manager will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Clear communication skills as they will be interacting with teams within the company
- The ability to understand the technical aspects of a business
- An analytical frame of mind: the capacity to understand a business and translate that into analytics, which will involve interpreting and reporting the results
- The ability to create dashboards and set up reports
- Organisational skills
- Management skills
- Business Intelligence-specific software knowledge
- At least three years professional experience
Please note, this is a national average - to compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your local state or territory, visit our salary calculator.
Search for business intelligence jobs in Australia below:
- Search for business intelligence jobs in Sydney
- Search for business intelligence jobs in Melbourne
- Search for business intelligence jobs in Brisbane
- Search for business intelligence jobs in Perth
Browse through our current list of business intelligence jobs in Australia below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.