A skilled Business Analyst assists with the implementation and support of business information systems across multiple departments. They identify problems and opportunities within a company and ultimately provide solutions that help achieve the business’s goals. Business Analyst’s conduct market analysis and analyse both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. In addition, they develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits.
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Planning and monitoring
- Financial modelling
- Variance Analysis
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
Typically, careers in business analysis require a bachelor degree. Whilst any degree is advantageous, the following subjects may be useful as they’re in a similar field:
- Business Studies
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
There are also a number of industry-recognised certificates aspiring Business Analysts can acquire too. The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) offers such accreditation.
The core skills of a successful Business Analyst also include:
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Advanced Excel skills
Search for business analyst jobs in Australia below:
- Search for business analyst jobs in Sydney
- Search for business analyst jobs in Melbourne
- Search for business analyst jobs in Brisbane
- Search for business analyst jobs in Perth
Please note, this is a national average - to compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your local state or territory, visit our salary calculator.