IT Senior Consultant
Post Date : 02 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 98626OA
Job Classification : IT & Technology
Our client is a global business consulting and internal audit firm composed of experts specialising in risk and advisory services. The firm helps clients solve problems in finance, operations, technology, litigation, governance, risk, and compliance. Their highly trained, results-oriented professionals serve clients in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East and provide a unique perspective on a wide range of critical business issues.
The Information Technology Consulting professionals partner with CIOs, CFOs and other executives to ensure their organizations maximize the return on information systems investments, while at the same time minimizing their risks. Using strong IT governance to ensure alignment with business strategies, they drive excellence through the IT infrastructure and into the supporting applications and data analytics. They also facilitate the selection and development of software, manage the risk of implementation, implement configurable controls on large ERP installations and implement governance, risk and compliance (GRC) software applications.
Their IT Audit & Consulting professionals help organisations gain insight into the threats inherent in today's highly complex technologies.
The Senior Consultant has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as both role model and trainer, the Senior Consultant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of IT risk and opportunities to improve IT business processes.
This role sits in the IT Consulting division with focus on the following three areas:
- Technology Strategy and Operations (TSO) - you will be helping organisations set IT strategy in alignment with their business needs while improving IT governance, risk management and service delivery processes. An example of this is the focus on disruptive and emerging technologies.
- Data, Security and Privacy Solutions (DSPS) - you will be providing a full range of data, security and privacy risk mitigation solutions. An example of this is the focus on vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Enterprise Application Services (EAS) - helping CIOs drive greater business value from IT investments by taking a risk based approach to both package and developed software solutions.
You must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently. You will have experience in an advisory or risk capacity.
- Must be able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Prior project management and supervisory skills
- Exceptional client relationship skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour under pressure
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Computer Information Systems) required
- 3-5 years' experience in a related field, preferably in professional services (ideally you will have a Big 4 background)
We will be interviewing and short listing candidates for this role over the few days. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street