IT Support Officer
Location : Melbourne CBD
Post Date : 28 September 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 101279TW
Job Classification : IT & Technology
A leading financial based organisation within the Funds Management sector. Based in Melbourne CBD, you'll be supporting 50 staff as part of a small diverse and focussed IT team who are driven to deliver great quality and solutions to the business.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the role of the It Support Officer will be to:
- Completing data recovery tasks
- Ensure that scheduled IT operational activities are executed and documented within allotted budget and timelines.
- Provide support and guidance to staff in resolving operational issues and problems.
- Support User platforms: Citrix, Laptops, Thin Clients, Desktops and Virtual Systems
- Support IT Networks, Backups and Production Systems and Applications
As well as:
- Analyse and implement plans to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Assisting with IT Projects and ad-hoc afterhours Preventative Maintenance tasks.
- Provide excellent customer service in order to build and maintain strong relationships
To be successful in this role the candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Level IT Support.
- Degree holder in information technology, computer science or related discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience with Window Server, VMware and Citrix systems.
- Experience in the financial sector, budgeting and asset Management high regarded
- Very Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, and willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- People Orientated, collaborative and friendly.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis abilities
Technical Experience requirements:
- Experience in following core technologies; Window 7/10, Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2, Office 2010-2016, Active Directory, VMware, Citrix XenDesktop, IIS, SQL, Symantec Security and Veeam Backup.
- Hands on experience with Switches, Routing, Access Points, Printers, Firewall and Video Conferencing.
- Experience with command line utilities and applications including Powershell, DNS, TCP/IP networking and Windows scripting and Group Policies.
- Experience in system infrastructure design, Cloud and Disaster Recovery (DR) an advantage.
If you feel you meet the requirements of this role and are interested in learning more about the position, please click on the apply button today.
Job Reference No:
140 William Street