Senior Data Analyst
Location : Inner Suburbs Perth
Post Date : 10 October 2016
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 161010SD
Job Classification : IT & Technology
We are currently seeking an experienced Data Analysts to assist with a specific project with our client in the Finance industry. This will initially be a 6 month contract but has the possibility of turning into something more longer term. This is an exciting opportunity to join our respected and growing client who are looking for a dedicated Data Analyst to help them sort, analyse, interpret and deliver relevant information from their data. The main purpose of the role is to use Data Analytics (Hadoop, MapReduce) to assist with a product change for the client's customers.
As the Data Analyst, you will have the following responsibilities:
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for management, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data and information to frontline delivery staff and managers.
- Build models to gain insights on what drives service performance in terms of both revenue, as well as user satisfaction
- Frame business problems into questions that can be answered through data analysis, and translate business needs into requirements that can be understood by technical teams
- Design and lead time-sensitive strategic research projects involving methodology development, analysis, strategic recommendations and presentation of findings to Senior Management
- Conduct data mining to understand user behavior
- Monitor data quality and product innovations
To succeed in this role, you will offer the following experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in quantitative research or data analyses
- Strong team mentality and an ability to build and maintain effective business relationships.
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in some if not all of the following - SQL, Python, R and SAS
- Experience with Hadoop and/or MapReduce would be highly desirable
- Familiarity with Java and Python would be a plus
- Experience with NOSQL databases, Scale R, Stork or Spark technology.
- A strong understanding of advanced analytics to answer high impact business problems.
- Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related disciplines
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button
Learn more about our Perth recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-perth
44 St Georges Terrace