Business Analyst - Numerous Projects
Location : Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Post Date : 28 September 2016
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 101323PM
Job Classification : Project Consulting
Our Client is a large research institution with an outstanding reputation and an ethos of striving towards continuous improvement. With an exceptional reputation across a number of core disciplines in sciences and humanities, they have long been part of the Victorian research landscape.
As part of their commitment to remain at the pinnacle of research delivery, they are in the process of enhancing several of their internal IT systems and processes and as a consequence an exciting opportunity has now arisen for a talented IT Business Analyst to help to help them through a critical phase of the project.
Reporting directly into the Head of the PMO, you will carry responsibility for working on a number of concurrently running projects both inside and outside of technology. Your specific duties will include:
- Provision of analysis and research of current systems
- Definition of 'To Be' and 'As Is' from a business and functional perspective
- Understanding and documenting the impacts of changes to those systems across the business
- Requirements gathering via interviews, workshops, surveys and site visits
- Documenting the requirements of the systems from an IT perspective
- Understanding and identifying weaknesses and gaps in current systems and documentation
- Identifying and mitigating risks involved with the development of the new systems
- Facilitating regular meetings with the Business as well as Development and Testing teams
- Obtaining accurate estimates and lead times for new systems as well as coordinating testing
- Creation and maintenance of functional specification documentation to outline business needs
- Presenting to and advising the steering committee on progress and project requirements
- Liaison with external vendors and creation of tender documentation
You will be an accomplished and experienced Business Analyst - ideally with exposure to Agile methodologies and with a flair for multitasking and efficiency. You will be a person who takes great pride in the accuracy and timely delivery of their work and have an appreciation of the importance of its impact.
You will be educated to a tertiary level and have a comprehensive background of business analysis in a similar environment. This is a role involving many parts of the institution and one requiring constant communication with various teams - often to a senior level. It is thus absolutely mandatory that you possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the confidence to present your findings in a formal environment. As the role has some technical components, it is important that you are also comfortable in liaising with development and testing teams.
As this is a varied and diverse range of projects it is essential that you will have demonstrable experience in working in a similar environments and some exposure to a research or higher education environment would also be greatly valued. You will be a self-starter who will be able to inject energy and enthusiasm into the work you do and be willing to go the extra mile in order to achieve results.
This role has an urgent requirement and interviews will be taking place over the next week. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street