Is your company ready to face tomorrow’s cyber-risk?
64% of Australian CIOs say that the number of detected security threats has increased compared with 12 months ago.
Download your complimentary 'Cyber-security – Defending your future' report today. This comprehensive IT security trends report will provide you with the latest information and insights on:
- Current cyber-security trends and the challenges companies face
- Why cyber-security should be a priority for SMEs
- The key characteristics of an efficient IT security strategy
- The core steps needed to develop and implement an effective cyber-security program
To discuss these IT security trends with your local recruitment expert, or have a confidential discussion on your technology staffing needs, contact us today.
Strategies for defeating cyber-risk
- Recent trends in IT security are seeing both businesses and cyber-criminals becoming more advanced.
- One major internal threat is when organisations have a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy that allows their employees to use their own devices at work.
- In response, businesses must design data security strategies which consider the probability of future threats, instead of focusing on current operations.
- Because cybercrime trends are often similar across the same industry, sharing information can allow a more effective response.
Key elements of an effective IT security program checklist
- Ensure effective governance is in place, which is aligned with the entire organisation and is reviewed and updated for best practices.
- Take a risk-based approach to cover the enterprise’s operations and supply chain security, rather than simply relying on the vendor’s word.
- Endorse the support of senior management to ensure the company’s security best practices are followed consistently.
- Create employee awareness of potential security threats through regular training.
Technology employers want you, but how do you capitalise?
Retaining and finding top technology talent is proving a challenge for employers. And with IT salaries on the rise, the ball is in your court to build your career. Here's how to take your IT career to the next level.
According to IT security trends, employee security raises concern
Defending your organisation from cyber criminals requires much more than simply having the right security technology. The human factor is just as important: every organisation needs a security culture that embraces and informs all employees.
How to protect your company data from employee mistakes
Businesses are becoming increasingly savvy in preventing external cyber attacks on their data, however such measures have not translated to preventing internal data mistakes. It’s a problem that affects all corporations, large or small.