QA Tester recruitment experts
Hire a QA Tester
Looking for QA Tester jobs? Search jobs
What is a QA Tester?
Known also as a Quality Assurance Technician, QA Testers are responsible for checking new products for bugs, defects, and problems. To do so, they run a series of tests to ensure the product is ready for the next stage in the product development lifecycle.
They will then liaise with software developers in order to correct any issues found to ensure the product is ready for the end user.
What should be included in a QA Tester job description?
Quality Assurance Testers aren’t only responsible for the testing of new software products, but they are also often required to:
- Design and implement test plans and procedures
- Analyse and report on test results
- Assist the development team to correct any errors or bugs
What skills and qualifications should a QA Tester have?
The role of QA Tester is highly technical in nature, so a QA Tester job description should have a strong focus on hard skills.
And while a tertiary education in computer science, engineering, or related would be beneficial, it is not strictly necessary. Candidates should instead be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of relevant defect management tools, for example: JIRA, Bird Eat Bug, Backlog, or Mantis, etc.
- Experience working with databases and SQL
- Basic understanding of other programming languages, like C+ and Java, as required
Soft skills should include:
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving