Project Manager recruitment experts
Hire an IT Project Manager
Looking for Project Manager jobs? Search jobs
What is a Project Manager?
As a role that focuses on completing a project as efficiently and promptly as possible, expect to see any of the following duties and responsibilities in a Project Manager job description.
What should be included in a Project Manager job description?
As a role that focuses on completing a project as efficiently and promptly as possible, expect to see any of the following duties and responsibilities in a Project Manager job description:
- Leading project planning sessions
- Coordinating staff and internal resources
- Managing project progress and adapt work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Designing and signing off on contracts
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Participating in tender process i.e. design, submission and review
- Designing risk mitigation plan
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Managing large and diverse teams
What skills and qualifications should a Project Manager have?
A great Project Manager usually has five or more years’ experience, and one or several formal qualifications. A Project Manager job description could include degrees in any of the following fields:
- IT or Computer Science
- Business or Business Administration
Additionally, project managers should possess high levels of the below skills to perform well in the role:
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
How much does a Project Manager earn?
$130,000 - $170,000
A Project Manager salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what a Project Manager is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.