PHP Developer recruitment experts
Hire a PHP Developer
Looking for PHP Developer jobs? Search jobs
What is a PHP Developer?
PHP (Once ‘Personal Home Page', now ‘PHP: hypertext preprocessor’) is a general purpose scripting language used in web development.
PHP Developers are software developers that specialise in the design and implementation applications, websites, and software using PHP.
What should be included in a PHP Developer job description?
The primary responsibility of PHP Developers is to work with clients to determine project requirements, and then build a solution. They are therefore involved in all aspects of the project development lifecycle, from inception to execution.
It is also their job to:
- Updating and optimising existing websites and applications
- Testing code for bugs
- Developing best practice testing procedures
- Deploying code
What skills and qualifications should a PHP Developer have?
While a tertiary education in computer science, software development or mathematics is recommended, it is not required. Instead, a candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks
- Familiarity with the limitations of PHP and solutions
- Experience with databases, SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with code versioning tools like Git
Soft skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Project management