Java Developer recruitment experts
Hire a Java Developer
Looking for Java Developer jobs? Search jobs
What is a Java Developer?
Java is a widely-used – and one of the most popular – programming language used to create applications on websites, in video games, and in various software applications.
A Java Developer is a developer who specialises in using Java to design and build Java-based applications. They often work alongside software engineers and web developers in order to integrate their code into a larger project.
What should be included in a Java Developer job description?
Java Developers are primarily responsible for programming and building Java-based products or solutions. However, they may also be responsible for:
- Being actively involved in the product development lifecycle
- Testing and debugging new applications and/or code
- Creating and maintaining technical documents
- Enduring design meets project requirements
- Maintaining and updating existing code/applications
What skills and qualifications should a Java Developer have?
While a tertiary education in software development, mathematics, or computer science is recommended, it is not required. Instead, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working with Java frameworks
- Knowledge of HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding of relational databases; SQL/NoSQL and ORM
Soft skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Project management
- Translating technical concepts to non-tech clients