Development and testing
Do you have complex IT needs that can only be solved with the right development and testing talent? Robert Half can help you every step of the way, offering access to a huge global network of technology professionals with the skills to help you get ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy.
We have recruitment specialists dedicated to sourcing the right development and testing talent. We can quickly understand your development or testing needs and partner with you to source the best contract or permanent talent in the market. Get in touch today to discuss how we can meet your hiring needs.
Looking for a job? Search jobs
The future of development and testing, and roles in demand
Despite the economic stresses resulting from COVID-19, roles in software development and testing continue to be in high demand as companies are increasingly applying technological innovation to how they talk to customers and how their workplace functions.
As companies accelerate their digital transformation activities in some key areas, we can expect to see new technologies, customer preferences, and development/testing methodologies emerge over the next 12-24 months. Top trends to watch include:
- Cloud services: The usage of private and public cloud, cloud storage, and cloud virtualisation will continue to grow as more companies look to support remote working and move forward with their digitisation plans. As result, there will be high demand for skillsets such as web services and APIs, DevOps, and programming languages including SQL, Python, XML, Java and .NET.
- Cyber-security: Cyber-security is a key consideration when developing enterprise solutions. Initiatives that include more secure IT architecture, new coding guidelines, and security and vulnerability testing can help mitigate these risks.
- AI and machine learning: AI will continue to transform industries through the increased use of deep learning and machine learning apps, driving demand for talent with skills in machine learning tools, frameworks, and specific programming languages.
- Low-code development: There is increased popularity of development tools that allow non-programmers to build customised apps, leveraging pre-built modules which can be used in a visual development environment.
Top development and testing positions in demand:
- Software Development Manager
- Technical Lead
- Front End/Back End Developer
- Full Stack Developer
- Solutions Architect
- QA Testers (Automation)
- QA Manager
The market for development and testing talent extends far beyond organisations that make and sell technology products, also including banks, finance companies, retailers and healthcare providers. Demand for these technology professionals will only grow as organisations invest more in digital offerings and operations, making it important for employers that they can access the right skills and talent to meet their changing needs.
How Robert Half has helped clients meet their development and testing needs
Your hiring needs will vary depending on your business priorities and we understand that. We can source talent on a contract basis when you need a specific skillset for a specific period of time or permanent hires to join your team on a long-term basis.
Back End Developer
Hiring assignment: A client in the technology sector approached us to help their organisation find a qualified Back End Developer to help manage the rapidly increasing workload.
Our solution: After conducting thorough searches of the local talent pool, Robert Half was able to present four experienced candidates, with the contract being signed one week following the interviews.
Result: The Back End Developer has supported business growth by ensuring new software solutions integrate seamlessly into clients’ back end processes and systems.
Front End Developer
Hiring assignment: A large global company in education had acquired a technology platform which meant they needed to hire additional front end developers to integrate the platform.
Our solution: Within two weeks, Robert Half provided the company with eight candidate profiles for interview, resulting in the placement of five front end developers.
Result: The expansion of the tech team has enabled the company to successfully integrate the platform into the wider business through a process of fine-tuning and continuous improvement to the platform’s user interface.
Back End Developer
Hiring assignment: A client in the financial services sector needed a Back End Developer to help develop and operate their trading platform.
Our solution: By using a targeted headhunting approach, Robert Half presented the company with two suitable candidates for interview and the role was successfully filled within three weeks.
Result: The Back End Developer has built and successfully implemented new functions within the trading platform, helped the company deliver excellent customer service, and progressed and met deadline with other key projects.
Recruitment specialist dedicated to Development hiring
Contact us today to discuss how we can meet your Development and Testing hiring needs
Robert Half recruits for the following development and testing roles
We are continually speaking with, vetting and interviewing talent within these development and testing specialisations.