IT Support recruitment experts
Hire IT Support
Looking for IT Support jobs? Search jobs
What is IT Support?
The IT Support maintains the computer networks of all types of organisations, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs, and configures hardware and software, and solves technical issues as they arise. Because of the nature of the job, some companies may require their IT Support to undertake shift work.
What should be included in an IT Support job description?
If you are hiring an IT Support professional, the job description can feature:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Possibly training junior staff
What skills and qualifications should an IT Support have?
Although a formal degree might not always be necessary in an IT Support role, tertiary qualifications can include the following:
- Computer Science
There are also several qualities that IT Support candidates should be expected to display:
- A technical, logical thought process
- An ability to stick to strict deadlines
- An ability to prioritise and delegate
- A keen eye for detail
How much does an IT Support earn?
$50,000 - $72,000
An IT Support’s salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what an IT Support is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.