Enterprise Architect recruitment experts
Hire an Enterprise Architect
Looking for Enterprise Architect jobs? Search jobs
What is an Enterprise Architect?
Enterprise Architects are responsible for the overall IT systems architecture of an organisation. It is their job to ensure that their organisation achieves a competitive advantage via the use of the latest tech.
They also oversee the maintenance and upgrades of legacy systems, software, hardware, and networks, all with an eye on supporting various business units, and helping to achieve business goals.
What should be included in an Enterprise Architect job description?
As an important member of the IT team, a typical Enterprise Architect job description should include, but is not limited to:
- Evaluate the internal business strategies and existing IT processes and architecture
- Suggest improvements to IT functions, processes, and systems
- Consult with business units in order to determine their IT requirements
- Suggest strategies to cut IT costs
- Create and implement IT strategies to achieve business goals
- Provide technical support
- Train and mentor junior IT staff
- Write and revise existing training and technical manuals
What skills and qualifications should an Enterprise Architect have?
AWhile many organisations in search of an Enterprise Architect request tertiary education in mathematics or computer science, it is not a strict requirement. Instead, Enterprise Architects should be able to demonstrate experience with enterprise solutions, business strategy, audit and compliance, and system architecture.
Other technical skills should include:
- Cloud computing
- SQL and database management
- Data sourcing
- Data visualisation
- Budgeting and cost cutting
Additionally, Enterprise Architects should demonstrate their ability to keep up with the latest advancements and trends in IT and technology.
Soft skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Critical/analytical thinking
How much does an Enterprise Architect earn?
$130,000 - $240,000
An Enterprise Architect salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what an Enterprise Architect is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.