Database Developer recruitment experts
Hire a Database Developer
Looking for Database Developer jobs? Search jobs
What is a Database Developer?
Database Developers design and develop databases, or repair and improve existing databases. They collaborate with business clients in order to create a product that ties the required functionalities with specific business outcomes.
They are also required to train both technical and non-technical staff, provide technical support, write technical manuals, and determine the best way to clean and organise data.
What should be included in a Database Developer job description?
As an invaluable member of the IT team, a typical Database Developer job description should include, but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with business units to determine business goals and user needs
- Determine the best way to clean and organise data
- Design and build database solutions
- Repair, optimise, and maintain legacy systems
- Create training and technical manuals
- Provide data reports and analyses for clients
What skills and qualifications should a Database Developer have?
While a tertiary education in software development, mathematics, or computer science is recommended, it is not a strict requirement. Instead, Database Developers have three major areas in which they should be able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise: design thinking, database development, and customer service.
Other technical skills should include:
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to translate non-technical requests into technical solutions
Soft skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
How much does a Database Developer earn?
$75,000 - $140,000
A Database Developer salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what a Database Developer is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.