Applications Architect recruitment experts
Hire an Applications Architect
Looking for Applications Architect jobs? Search jobs
What is an Applications Architect?
Applications Architects design and develop new applications, or repair and improve existing applications. They collaborate with business units in order to create a product that incorporates both the required functionalities and/or features as well as business outcomes.
What should be included in an Applications Architect job description?
As an important member of the IT team, a typical Applications Architect job description should include, but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with business units to determine business goals
- Lead the application development team to design and test a prototype application
- Integrate user feedback
- Maintain app via diagnostic tests, debugging, and regular updates
- Create application documentation
As design, and application and software development are dynamic and fast-paced fields, Applications Architects should stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
What skills and qualifications should a Applications Architect have?
Applications Architects have three major areas in which they should excel: design thinking, application development, and leadership.
Other technical skills should include:
- Experience with hybrid cloud platforms, like Azure or Google Cloud
- Web development tools, like Bootstrap or AngularJS
- Secure coding practices
Soft skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
How much does an Applications Architect earn?
$60,000 - $100,000
An Applications Architect salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what an Applications Architect is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.