A Management Accountant analyses key financial information to provide feedback that will aid managerial planning and commercial decision making that will ensure future growth and profitability of your company. Part of the Management Accountant’s role is to try to reduce the operational and production costs of a company by identifying and implementing more efficient strategies.
Management Accountant duties and responsibilities of the job
The company’s Management Accountant establishes financial policies and maintains management information systems, combining the need for a candidate with accounting and business management skills. Other duties as part of the Management Accountant job description should include:
- Budgeting and reporting
- Advising on strategic planning and business planning
- Completing all tax-related material
- Overseeing benefits and compensation packages
- Creating financial statements for internal and external company requirements
- Providing financial analysis and forecasting
- Supporting auditing projects
- If a senior role, it could also include supervising a finance team
Management Accountant job qualifications and requirements
A Management Accountant job description should request at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with strong skills in reporting. A keen knowledge of accounting would be beneficial, as well as the following soft skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Communication skills
As this role oversees critical data for a company, a candidate’s mathematical abilities and business knowledge will be integral due to the breadth of financial information they will oversee.
Are you looking for a Management Accountant role? View our latest Management Accountant jobs here.