A Risk Compliance Manager coordinates the creation, review and implementation of policies and procedures established by the agencies that regulate the company. Compliance Managers apply and interpret audit and compliance requirements for various departments. They will interact with external auditors on matters related to audits of the organisation's internal controls, and assess potential fraud activity, plus develop fraud detection tools.
Risk Compliance Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
The most in-demand Compliance Managers are those with a solid background in statistical, analytical and organisational skills. The responsibilities in a Corporate Compliance Manager job description can vary depending on industry, but typical responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducting compliance risk assessment training workshops
- Conducting internal reviews and audits
- Conducting environmental audits to ensure the company meets environmental requirements
- Advising internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs
- Developing risk management strategies
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation
- Evaluating compliance systems and ensuring adequate software is in place
- Reporting on compliance
Risk Compliance Manager job qualifications and requirements
A Bachelor’s degree in the following fields will be beneficial for a Compliance Manager role:
- Business Studies
A Corporate Compliance Manager job description should include excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. An analytical mind is also a must, and the ability to manage and prioritise work.