Finance Manager recruitment experts
Hire a Finance Manager
Looking for Finance Manager jobs? Search jobs
What is a Finance Manager?
A Finance Manager distributes the financial resources of a company, is responsible for the budget planning, and supports the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
What should be included in a Finance Manager job description?
As a crucial member of the finance team, a typical Finance Manager job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Collecting, interpreting, and reviewing financial information
- Predicting future financial trends
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
- Reviewing, monitoring, and managing budgets
- Developing strategies that work to minimise financial risk
- Analysing market trends and competitors
What skills and qualifications should a Finance Manager have?
A degree and several years’ experience in the financial field will be required to gain a Finance Manager role. A degree in the following fields will prove particularly advantageous:
- Accountancy or Finance
- Business Studies
- Postgraduate degrees in financial management would also be beneficial for candidates looking to advance their career.
As well as formal qualifications, a Finance Manager job description should detail the following qualities:
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
How much does a Finance Manager earn?
$100,000 - $150,000
A Finance Manager salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what a Finance Manager is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.