Accounts Receivable recruitment experts
Hire an Accounts Receivable
Looking for Accounts Receivable jobs? Search jobs
What is an Accounts Receivable?
The key role of an employee who works as an Accounts Receivable is to ensure their company receives payments for goods and services, and records these transactions accordingly. An Accounts Receivable job description will include securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts, and resolving any discrepancies.
This role requires the candidate to be organised and have a keen eye for detail to spot any issues that may arise.
What should be included in an Accounts Receivable job description?
A typical Accounts Receivable job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Maintaining the billing system
- Generating invoices and account statements
- Performing account reconciliations
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
- Producing monthly financial and management reports
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
What skills and qualifications should an Accounts Receivable have?
Experience in accounting is required for an Accounts Receivable role, but a Bachelor’s degree isn’t a necessity. However, a degree in the following will allow a candidate to develop their career in accounting further:
- Finance or Economics
- Business Studies or Administration
Within an Accounts Receivable role, they will need to possess the following skills:
- An ability to prioritise and manage expectations
- A keen eye for detail
- An ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the company
- A mathematical background
How much does an Accounts Receivable earn?
$80,000 - $125,000
An Accounts Receivable salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what an Accounts Receivable is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.