Receptionist recruitment experts
Hire a Receptionist
Looking for Receptionist jobs? Search jobs
What is a Receptionist?
Receptionists are a pivotal member of staff in any company. They are the first point of contact for any visitors to the office or anyone contacting an organisation, so being well-presented and polite are pivotal traits.
A Receptionist also maintains security by logging all visitors and possibly issuing visitor passes, plus provide support to the HR team as required.
What should be included in a Receptionist job description?
As the front of house and often first point of contact for external visitors, a Receptionist job description should include:
- Diary management and management of meeting rooms
- Possibly handling event coordination, both internally and externally
- Handling queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondence
- Greeting all visitors
- Transferring calls as necessary
- Possibly managing office supplies such as stationery, equipment and furniture
- Performing ad-hoc administration duties
- Maintaining office services as required (such as cleaners and maintenance companies)
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries
- Assisting with mail as required
- Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis
- Assisting the HR team with recruitment, on-boarding and termination processes
What skills and qualifications should a Receptionist have?
Some companies might want candidates who have previous clerical, administrative or receptionist experience.
It is not mandatory to have a higher education degree to undertake a Receptionist role. However, the duties of a Receptionist should include:
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional multitasker
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
How much does a Receptionist earn?
$50,000 - $70,000
A Receptionist salary is determined typically by the number of years of experience, soft and technical skills, and the scale of responsibilities in the organisation. To find out what a Receptionist is earning this year, download our complimentary Robert Half Salary Guide.